Wednesday, April 1, 2009

walking in the woods



I was walking in the woods.
I neither heard nor saw trees falling or bears shitting.
I did, however, find a watch.
"God!" I thought,
"It's a vintage Swatch!
Must be worth something."
The design looked like a funky eyeball,
very creative.
"Who comes up with this shit?" I thought.

Surely not bears.
Maybe a bear God:
knocking over trees
in absolute silence;
depositing watches in the paths of postulating wankers;
Athena-like granting Darwin serendipitous skies.

Maybe just a leak in the simulation;
a gap in the circuitry
(which is like a)
a broad cloak that, once stretched impossibly to cover this lumpy homunculus,
grants its wearer invisibility

(like a knife with no handle that is so sharp that it cuts user and used and drops straight out of sight).

No comments: